Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My First Post


Suit Game:



Always wanted to start my own blog and really I'm shocked it took so long. There's no time like the present eh? 

So I thought I'd start with one of my favorite things in the entire world: Suits (No not the show).


From Day-wear to formal ware and everywhere in between, Suits are a must. They give you a swagger boast like no other type of clothing can really come close to. Now I'm not going to give you types for  to wear or anything like that (I'll leave that to GQ), but I will give you my little spiel about them.

Here is a perfect example of why "Boys" are so hesitant to to throw on a suit. I say Boys because I really believe you don't become a man till you can wake up and decide to throw on a suit for an 11:30 lecture or that Saturday early dinner/late lunch (dunce one may say)with that girl you've been trying too spend some time with these past 6 months and not feel like you need to rationalize why you chose to do so. Now by no means am I saying you should wear a suit everyday, but a suit once every week or two does not hurt anyone.

Now I know people are going to say "Suits don't grow on trees ya know" To which I'll say "Thanks Dad, but there are plenty of ways to find a suit on the cheep side". Now I know a Giorgio Armani Suit is beautiful, but lets keep that for these formal or "Blue Moon" nights. What is hot right now is the vintage look; Elbow patches and Overalls is the trick and where else is better for that classic look then a thrift shop or resale rack? 

Last week I was feeling a bit down in the dumps, and I'm a firm believer that when you look good you feel good, so I thought I'd run to my nearest Resale location a see what I can find. After a few unsuccessful attempts with some overalls, I spotted the suit section, and there staring me in the face was a charcoal tweed jacket with elbow patches.... JACKPOT! I hurried over and checked the size, I was in luck, I look at the price tag $12, I think to myself "Well that's Reasonable", so I scoop it up, but not before I throw on the pants and see how they look. I zip up tuck in and take a look.... Beautiful! I cop, I head out and I'm feeling great. So why did why tell this story, cause honestly there's always a place and a price to get you Swagger down pat. 

So I'm going to leave you with this -- a suit is never out of style, and I know you might get a funny look or two, but keep you eyes forward cause a good suit can take you a long way. So dress like you'll meet the love of your life and know that "Haters Gonna hate". 


No comments:

Post a Comment